About Your Home Team Cares
In 2007, a small group of local professionals saw a need and decided to make a difference in the immediate area. They combined their energy and efforts to form “Your Home Team Cares.”
Our Mission: We provide immediate assistance to members of the community in need.
Our goal is to provide immediate assistance to members of the community in need without a lot of red tape. We have no paid staff and minimal administrative costs, so we are able to direct funds to the community as needed. We are typically able to respond to a need within 24-48 hours.
“Your Home Team Cares” is a fully accredited non-profit organization with a board comprised of local business people. These people live and work in the community they support and are striving to make a positive difference.
Donations have been made to “Your Home Team Cares” (YHTC) in memory of the following:
VICTOR N. AYERS
ALETHA RUTH GOODMAN BARTLEY
PATRICIA JEAN BLANKENBURG
MICHAEL LESTER BRUCK
MELBA JEAN BURNS
FRED DEAN CONARD
WILLIAM LEE EASTLAND
WARREN RUSSELL GROSS
JAMES WARREN IMMEL
IRENE ANN KOLFF
BETTE ANNE MASSEY
ANNA MARIE MCCOLGAN
JUDITH ELLEN MILONE
MILAM (TONY) PULEC
LILLIAN (LIL) PULEC
VERNA JOYCE RICE
DOROTHY POPE SINIARD
- Assisted single mother with two high school students. Her situation was the result of corporate lay offs, two surgeries, and was without permanent residence.
- We provided car insurance, apartment application fee, one week’s food and school supplies.
- Assisted a young family who had to move from their home that had contagious mold. Provided clothing and food.
- Assisted a single mother who is going through cancer treatment and was temporarily out of work. Provided car battery, rent and pest control.
- Assisted a family where both husband and wife are suffering from medical disabilities. Provided car payment, insurance, electric, storage unit and food.
- Helped with phone and car payment for a self-employed person who fell off a ladder and broke his back preventing him from working for two months.
- Made a months payment on a single mothers car and home since she was out of work for 8 weeks due to surgery.
- Donated gifts for 25 students at Durham Middle School with funds raised from our Angel Tree.
Supplied a change of clothes and toiletries for 5 children at the YOTO center in Lewisville.
- Bought groceries for a young family after their primary care giver was laid off.
- Helped find employment for a Woman with two special needs children.
- Contributed $500 to CCA for clothing, School supplies, and food as they were experiencing a shortage.
- Donated $600 for propane for a disabled woman who was heating her home with light bulbs and her oven. Also found a company to donate and install a hot water heater.
- Paid one month of Cobra insurance for a North Texas college student who is battling breast cancer.
- Provided 30 meals from The Dinner Station, to a self-employed person who was diagnosed with throat cancer and was unable to work due to extensive treatment.